Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 9

Today was a wonderful day because I was able to see both of my sons, Cole and Aiden. I woke up and spent the morning with Aiden and then came back to Ronald McDonald House to meet my sister, my brother, my dad and Cole. My mom was already there. I greeted everyone at the door and he ran to me and gave me tons of kisses and hugs. He was instantly attached to my side. Anytime we went to a different room he asked me to come along. I was definitely exhausted by the end of the day and night but it was totally worth it. I did feel guilty at the end of the visit that I was not able to be in two places at once but Cole really needed me and I needed him too. I don't think I stopped smiling until the end of the night ( I will get to that story in a minute). Cole immediately was drawn to the play room at the Ronald Mcdonald House and he loved it. He looked so different after not seeing him for 9 days. We then walked over to U of M where he was able to meet his brother, Aiden. He told his brother he loved him and sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to him. He was fascinated with the different machines and the babies that were crying. We told him that Aiden has some "ouchies" and that the machines were making them better. He was also fascinated with my "ouchies" from my hysterotomy procedure. We then showed him the play deck on the 8th floor of the hospital and he was in heaven. They have tons of playground equipment and toys. I stayed around the hospital for an hour to be with Aiden and they went back to play. I met the family back at the RMD and ate dinner. We played some more and then they left around 8:30pm. I thought that I would be a big "cry baby" when he left but I was strong. I received tons of kisses and hugs. My favorite part was holding his hand all day and just hearing him call me "momma". I missed that so much! I am hoping to see him again the following weekend. After they left, Greg arrived and we went back to the hospital. We found out that Aiden was going to be moving into a new room so that all of the babies on ECMO would be together. We were not a fan of this because the space we had in our original room was huge and we could sit by his bed all day long and not feel cramped. Greg and I were very upset and frustrated with the lack of space Aiden had. He was also placed next to a baby that would not stop crying and he was extremely agitated and they had to put his top on to drown out the noise. We went to bed last night and were determined to talk to the charge nurse, peds doctors, the social worker and anyone else we could to get this figured out. Please pray that Aiden stays stable and boring!!

No comments: