Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Latest news

I went to my doctor's appointment today. I was told that I am still less than 2 centimeters dilated. This is great news because if I was found to be 2 centimeters today my doctor was going to make me go to University of Michigan. Next week will be my last appointment with my doctor because he no longer feels comfortable with me staying in Fort Wayne so far from Michigan so close to my due date. My next doctor appointment is scheduled for Tuesday, August 2nd. I was told more than likely that Thursday August 4th or Friday August 5th would be the day he would sent me up to University of Michigan. The overall appointment went well for both baby and I.
Today I am faced with the fact that I am not able to have an actual plan for this birth. Not being able to have a final plan is hard for me because I am a big "planner". I am hoping to drive up on Friday August 5th because Greg has his finals on August 4th and then he will officially be done with school. I am trying to figure out the planning for Cole to come visit the weekend of August 6th and August 7th and then find him something to do over the weekend so he isn't stuck in a hotel room and bored to death. Any suggestions anyone? I currently have a reservation with the MedInn (hotel inside the hospital) to start on 7/29. I now need to move this reservation to Thursday August 4th and then possibly move it again if I don't leave until Auguat 5th. I also am on the waiting list starting August 4th for Ronald McDonald House. I hope that on the day I drive to Michigan that I can get right into Ronald McDonald House and avoid staying at the MedInn. It would be nice to be settled into one place rather than move into MedInn for a day or two and then get a call that I can now move into Ronald McDonald House. Pray that when I drive to Michigan they will give me good news that there will be an opening once I make it into town.
It really still hasn't hit me yet that I am going to have a new baby soon. I don't think it will hit me until I am in actual labor. It hasn't hit me yet that I am going to be away from home especially Cole, Greg and all of the comforts of just being at home. I think on the drive to Michigan I may need to bring lots of kleenex.
I will keep you updated more often as the days dwindle down. Thanks for keeping our family in our thoughts and prayers as will definitley need them even more once the baby is here.

4 comments:

Brian and Carrie Baker said...

Jungle Java is a super fun indoor playland for kids. It's on Jackson St. Zane LOVED it there. There are big blow up things and food, etc, etc. They also have a great hands-on kids museum right downtown as well. There are several movie theateres and the coolest toy store known to man. I will find out the name of it for you. Tons of stuff to keep him busy all weekend! Plus you can always go to RMD and play there, even if you aren't officially staying there yet. They have a big toy room and a playground outside. From one big "planner" to another, hang in there, deep breaths, and one day at a time....you are doing great.

lmgibson002 said...

Thanks Carrie for your suggestions. I actually went on the internet today after I blogged and found some fun things to do in Ann Arbor. We are hoping that my parents will stay in a hotel that weekend that has a pool which would be fun times for Cole. I was wondering if you could play at the RMD as a day guest until I actually move in and that would be a great free place to go! YEAH!

Brian and Carrie Baker said...

Also, if you call and talk to Marsha at RMD, she can give you some great ideas and probably lots of free passes to things. Never be afraid to ask them about stuff, they are always willing and wanting to help out their families!

Miranda said...

RMH will also set you up with free passes to the Hands on Museum! The 8th floor of Mott has a huge playdeck too. Im interested in the coolest toy store too! Do you have an induction date? Thinking of you these last few weeks, I'm sure it's hard being faced with such uncertanties.